Saturday, June 27, 2009

Home sweet home #2

Whew! We have been insanely busy!!!!!!!! Our first week here was spent unloading our trailer which has everything that we will live off of for the next couple of months. (air mattresses, clothes, fridge, washer exect) Also during that first week we weeded and planted a large garden (about 1/4 acer) . The second week we ripped up the upstairs carpet and started tileing. That weekend some dear friends of ours came and visited us! :-D We only had one day with them but we all had alot of fun. We romped around the farm and played and had a cook out. I'm so glad they were able to come! This week we worked on painting rooms, which was a nice break from tileing!
Painting Amanda and Abby's room:

Mixing paint:

The room before any work was done:

Manda working on texturing the wall. It REALLY needed to be textured as there was a carpet on the wall previously and there was some mortar? on the wall in strange patterens.

We have had some fun times too! Here are some highlights:
Turtle catching!

Saint loved to bark at the poor turtle!

Frog boy is back in his domain!!!! And he LOVES it! :-)

Niki came for lunch after church one day, isn't she pretty???? :-D

Cucumber glasses?

One of our sweet friends from TX loved the mirrors!

THIS is what you do to cool off in the summer!

Big blow!

Our wheat field!!!

Combine harvesting the wheat in our neighbors field:

Tractor (John deer!!!) pulling the grain cart:



We were fascinated by the whole thing!

WHEAT!!!

Well dear friends, it is time for me to say adios and hit the trail! AKA I need to get off the computer and get working!!!! ;-) PLEASE let us know if you can think of any thing you'd like to see on here or something you'd like to know about! Just let us know what you think about the blog! You can do that by: calling us, emailing us, Facebooking us, or by commenting on the blog!

2 comments:

Buttercup said...

Sounds like y'all have a lot to do! Just wanted to let ya know that y'all are in my prayers, and I really miss you!

your friend,
Buttercup :)

btw, I really don't want to bother you, but have you tried the Bible puzzle I posted?

Amanda Printz said...

Hmmmmm.... Acctually I havent looked! I'll go look now and if I have time I do it! No problemo! Hey send me an email some time and let me know how you all are doing? I miss ya! Thank you for your prayers! I really appreciate them!
~manda