Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving preperation!!

I am going to post three or more blogs this week because so much happened! A thanksgiving tradition in our family is to make a paper tree and put one paper leaf (with a thing we are thankful for written on it) per person per day on the tree. So this year we decided to change it a little and use real leafs (laminated) and use a dry eraser to write what we are thankful for on it. Here is a picture of the leafs before lamination:
And here is a picture of the tree with its first leafs: Cooking for thanksgiving.Here are some apple pies that were made 2 days before(thanksgiving), and the chicken pot pie we had Tuesday night for dinner:





The pot-pie looks kinda bad in the picture, but don't worry it was more than delicious!!!



School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Gentzlers said...

Those pies look really good!!! What type were they??

Laminating the leaves is a really good idea! And a lot less work!!

Tell everybody that I said hi!
Sarah

LauriJohnson said...

Hey, Amanda. Great to hear from you. I loved to hear all your news. Don't you have an older sissy, too? What's up with her? Guess what? In April, the Lord had my friend, Della and I start a Christian Music School. Check us out at www.sonshinemusicacademy.com
tell me what you think. Maybe you could come in the summer and help with our week-long music day camp.

love you,
Mrs. Lauri Johnson
P.S. write and I'll update you about our family, too.

Amanda Printz said...

Sarah,
They were apple!!!!! :-) Not to be puffed up or anything, I think they were the best I ever made! They were so good!!! I'll let everyone know! Miss you!! I need to call or email you!


Mrs Johnson!!! So good to hear from you!!! Yes, I do have an older sister Niki, and she is in KS right now. She is working on a degree for journalism and working several jobs at the same time! She is a busy girl and we are so proud of her! Niki and I are still best friends and talk o the phone almost daily. We can't wait to get back to her! (we are in TX but we will be moving to KS this summer) That would be so much fun to help out in the summer camp, but I'm afraid I'll be too busy! I'll have to put a post up about it, it's a LONG story :-)!!! I'd love to hear how ya'll are doing!!!!!!! Is Russ in college? Hows Courtney? Becca still talks about Katie Jo!! I am so excited that you are teaching again!! You are so good at it and are such an important part of those kids lifes!!! Well I'd better go! Manda